By using pure & natural cosmetics, you can reduce your body’s toxic chemical load which may be contributing to the development of allergies, chronic illnesses and cancers. Many cosmetic & personal care products are made with these synthetic ingredients as they are a cheap, inferior alternative to natural ingredients and increase the manufacture’s profit margins. They seal off the skin creating a artificial barrier and ultimately slow down the skin’s function and normal cell development, which results in premature aging and many other health and skin disorders such as contact dermatitis.
Here are some facts about traditional cosmetics that you may have not known.
• 1/3 of cosmetic products contain chemicals that are linked to cancer.
• 89% of chemical ingredients used in personal care products have not undergone safety testing. • Cosmetics are among the least-regulated products on the market.
• On average, women use 12 personal care products a day and men average 6 products daily. • Our skin absorbs approximately 130 chemicals from personal care products alone.
• The skin is not a solid barrier – it easily absorbs chemicals into the bloodstream and stores them in body fat.
• Many ingredients are toxic inexpensive industrial chemicals, including carcinogens, pesticides, reproductive toxins, and hormone disruptors, which find their way into our bodies, our breast milk and our children. Diseases linked to synthetic chemicals – include breast cancer, testicular cancer and reproductive problems.